This application compiles Z80 assembly language into a format that the Spectrum understands, typically machine code (a binary executable).
- Download the executable (i.e. sjasmplus-1.18.2.win.zip) from the releases page
- Open the ZIP file and copy to a folder on your PC (i.e. C:/Tools/sjasmplus)
- Add this folder to the Path environment variable in Windows System Properties. Make sure you edit the Path in System Variables, not the one in User Variables for Administrator.
- You *may* need to restart Windows for the path change to take effect. At the least, you will need to close and re-open any Visual Studio Code instance.
- Open a command prompt.
- Type in sjasmplus to test.
- You should be greeted with the sjasmplus help text output in the command prompt.
Instructions for installing in MacOS / Linux
cd <the extracted zip folder location> make clean make sudo make install